Peer Review-Important membership benefit
Members of the professional association demonstrate their commitment to quality care through NYSDA’s Peer Review and Quality Assurance Program.
Peer Review provides a confidential, impartial and timely way to resolve complaints about the appropriateness and quality of dental treatment provided by NYSDA-member dentists. Participation in this alternative dispute resolution process is a membership requirement.
Peer Review resolves patient complaints confidentially. Neither the process nor its outcome is reported to any outside agency – or the public. Peer Reviews are resolved by a committee of impartial professional peers. Peer Review resolutions are final. Peer Review findings have been upheld by the court providing the doctor with immunity from subsequent litigation.
Contact NYSDA for more information.
A Guide to Peer Review
Peer Review provides:
- An alternative to resolve complaints about dental treatment
- An objective evaluation of treatment by a committee of impartial professional peers
- A refund of fees to the patient when treatment is not consistent with the standard of care
To be eligible for Peer Review:
- Treatment must be provided by a NYSDA member dentist
- Treatment must have been completed within 2 ½ years prior to submission of the Agreement to Submit to Peer Review
- Dispute cannot have been submitted to or resolved by an alternative mechanism; i.e., collection action, legal proceeding, OPD, etc.
Benefits to NYSDA Members
- Process is confidential. There is no reporting to any outside entity, i.e., OPD, National Practitioner Data Bank, the public, etc.
- Process is definitive and final. Parties cannot sue subsequent to a Peer Review decision. The process has been upheld repeatedly by the courts.
- Treatment is evaluated by professional peers.
- When treatment is found to be acceptable, the doctor receives the fees owed by the patient